Configuring IoT Devices in Augmented Reality Environment
Han Joo Chae, Jeongin Hwang, Yieun Kim, Kyle Koh, and Jinwook Seo / 2016
In this project, we explore various interaction techniques to control surrounding IoT devices. The goal of the project includes the following:
- Developing mid-air gesture based interaction techniques to create, modify and remove rules among devices in AR environment.
- Designing efficient and effective AR interfaces to configure various IoT devices.
- Exploring various safety related issues which could occur when controlling surrounding devices using mid-air gestures in AR envieronment.
- Han Joo Chae, Jeongin Hwang, Yuri Choi, Yieun Kim, Kyle Koh, and Jinwook Seo, Prevention of Unintentional Input While Using Wrist Rotation for Device Configuration, [PDF], UIST 2016
- Heonjin Park, Kyle Koh, Yuri Choi, Han Joo Chae, Jeongin Hwang, and Jinwook Seo, Defining Rules Among Devices in Smart Environment Using an Augmented Reality Headset, [PDF], Urb-IoT 2016